This fight is actually the third in a series of battles against Ifrit, the first of which occurred when you were a little Sprout around level 20.
Note that there is a Hard and Extreme version of the same Quiz.
You will want the Extreme version for this mount.
Fortunately, it’s pretty easy to do on your own at this point, but a party never hurts.
Unlock the bowl of coals
First of all, before facing the Lord of Hell, you will need to have completed the ARR 2.0 Story.
This means defeating «The Ultima Weapon» in Praetorium.
Once done, head back to The Waking Sands (Southern Thanalan – Vesper Bay, X:10 Y:14).
Your first task will be to talk to Miniphilia, starting the Quest “A Recurring Problem”. This is a series of quests that allow you to thwart the pernicious beast tribes and their incessant primal summoning.
You’ll need to complete a few quests before you can farm your target flaming deity, with more details below:
Ifrit bleeds, we can kill him
- Accepted from Thancred (The Waking Sands, X:6 Y:5)
- Talk to Swift (Ul’dah – The Footsteps of Nald, X:8 Y:9)
- Reattune to the Aetheryte in Zahar’ak (Southern Thanalan, X:35 Y:20)
- Defeat Ifrit in “The Bowl of Ember (Hard)”
For Garuda’s awakening
- Accepted from Papalymo (The Waking Sands, X:6 Y:5)
- Speak with Vorsaile Heuloix at Adder’s Nest in New Gridania
- Retune to Natalan’s Aetheryte (Coerthas Central Highlands, X:36 Y:29)
- Defeat Garuda in “The Howling Eye (Hard)”
In a place of titan
- Accepted from Y’shtola (The Waking Sands, X:6 Y:5)
- Talk to R’ashaht Rhiki at Maelstrom Command (Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks, X:13 Y:13)
- Reattune to the Aetheryte in the mines of U’Ghamaro (Outer Noscea, X:24 Y:9)
- Defeat Titan in “The Navel (Hard)”
- Accepted from Urianger (The Waking Sands, X:6 Y:5)
- Talk to Vorsaile Heuloix again in Adder’s Nest.
gale force warning
- Immediately accepted from Vorsaile after completing “Primal Nature”
- Once again retune to the Natalan Aetheryte
- Defeat Garuda in “The Howling Eye (Extreme)”
- Return to Vorsail
- Return to Urianger in The Waking Sands and give him the “Vortex Ritual Focus”
Quake Me Up Before You O’Ghomoro
- Accepted from R’ashaht Rhiki into Maelstrom Command
- Tune into the mines of U’Ghamaro one last time
- Defeat Titan in “The Navel (Extreme)”
- Return to R’ashaht
- Return “Cliff Ritual Focus” to Urianger
The next quest, “Ifrit Ain’t Broke,” will unlock the finale for this particular series.
This will allow you to start farming for your flaming pony.
Hopefully, Ifrit drops it like it’s hot for you.
But wait, there’s more
As you mercilessly kill a flaming deity for your fire starter, you will also accumulate various items.
- hell accessories
- Triple Triad Ifrit Card
- A faded copy of the primary judgment
- Hell Horns
- The Nightmare Whistle (Nightmare Mount)
- The Whistle of Aithon (Mount Aithon)
Notably, Inferno accessories can be synthesized for Inferno Demimatter.
When combined with the Inferno Horns, you can get your own flaming weaponry.
Inferno Horns can also be used to make yourself some very stylish wall furniture.
If you don’t see the recipe, you probably need to pick up the Master: Demimatter recipe book.
Talan (Mor Dhona, X:22 Y:7) sells them for 1 each from Fieldcraft and Battlecraft Demimatter.
With that, you’re ready to turn Primals scraps into fancy furniture and sticks. Good luck on your hunt!